The way data are collected and used will depend on the purpose. Data relates to:
- Customers, representatives of customers and potential customers and their representatives (conference and webinar attendees and registrants, subscribers to publications and audio-visual collections and event sponsors)
- Suppliers of goods and services and individuals representing them, including editors, speakers, interviewers, interviewees and referees
Information may be collected on websites, via correspondence (e.g. emails, post and fax), from publications (e.g. websites and journals), in person (e.g. at meetings, conferences and exhibitions) and through introductions by agents and other intermediaries.
Keeping information secure is very important to us and certain sections of the site may encrypt data. However, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. As a result, whilst we strive to protect personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information which is sent to us and senders should appreciate that they do so at their own risk.
We respect the privacy of individuals and only retain personal information for such period as data can be used for legitimate business purposes or to satisfy legal requirements.
Below we explain:
- Our businesses - what we do
- The data we collect
- How we use data
- With whom we share data
- Where data is held
- Data subjects’ rights
Complaints, questions and suggestions concerning any aspect of this policy statement may be made to Neil Bradman, email@example.com, Henry Stewart Talks Ltd., Ruskin House, 40/41 Museum Street, London WC1A 1LT, Telephone +44 207 404 3040. You can also make a complaint to our supervisory body for data protection matters (the Information Commissioner's Office in the UK) or seek a remedy through local courts if you believe your rights have been breached. You can find details of how to do this on the ICO website at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or by calling their helpline on 0303 123 1113.
Our businesses - what we do
We hold conferences, training courses and exhibitions, present webinars and publish peer reviewed journals and online education.
The data we collect
For customers, suppliers of goods and services and staff: only such information as is necessary to fulfil our contractual and legal obligations. We collect contact details (such as name, title, address, email and telephone number).
We collect anonymised details about visitors to our website for the purposes of aggregate statistics or reporting purposes. However, no single individual will be identifiable from the anonymised details we collect for these purposes.
How we use data
For marketing: we send emails and other marketing material to persons we believe will benefit from our services and who satisfy our legitimate interest criteria.
For customers, suppliers of goods and services and staff: only to such extent as is necessary to fulfil our contractual and legal obligations. As stated above we analyse anonymised details about visitors to our website for the purposes of aggregate statistics or reporting purposes. Parts of Henry Stewart websites and billing processes (including via Streamline e-solutions) are automatic and Henry Stewart may process personal data as part of the billing process.
With whom we share data
Where data is held
Data subject’s rights
Individuals (you or your) whose personal data we hold have the right to request that we:
- Provide access to any personal information we hold about you;
- Update any of your personal information which is out of date or incorrect;
- Delete any personal information which we are holding about you;
- Restrict the way that we process your personal information;
- Prevent the processing of your personal information for direct-marketing purposes;
- Provide your personal information to a third party provider of services;
- Provide you with a copy of any personal information which we hold about you;
- Consider any valid objections which you have to our use of your personal information.
We will consider all such requests and provide our response within a reasonable period (and in any event within any time period required by applicable law). Some personal information is exempt from such requests. If this exception applies we will tell you this when responding to your request. We may request you to provide us with information necessary to confirm your identity before responding to any request you make.
You can request to unsubscribe from our communications at any time by contacting Rob Bradman, Tel: +44 207 092 3484, Fax: +44 207 404 2081, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail: Henry Stewart Talks Ltd., Ruskin House, 40/41 Museum Street, London WC1A 1LT.