HSTalks Accessibility Statement
Updated: October 2021
HSTalks strives to ensure that its services are accessible to people with disabilities. HSTalks has invested significant resources to help ensure that its website is made easier to use and more accessible for people with disabilities, with the strong belief that every person has the right to live with dignity, equality, comfort and independence.
Accessibility on HSTalks
The HSTalks website has been independently certified as being in compliance with level AA of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0.
The website is supported by standard browsers, including:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer (version 10 and higher)
Users who have difficulty in operating a mouse can surf the website using a keyboard. Repeated pressing of the Tab key will toggle around the various menus and links at the website. Pressing enter will activate the chosen menu or link.
HSTalks makes available the UserWay Website Accessibility Widget that is powered by a dedicated accessibility service. The software allows HSTalks to improve its compliance with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0).
We also provide a sitemap of all pages on the website in the footer at the bottom of every page of the website.
All video materials published or updated after 01-01-2015 will have subtitles. Subtitles for talks published before 01-01-2015 can be requested at the email address below. These requests will be evaluated on an individual basis.
Enabling the UserWay Accessibility Widget
The UserWay Website Accessibility Widget can be enabled by clicking the accessibility menu icon that appears at the right corner of the page. For people using keyboard navigation it should be the third element selected. After triggering the accessibility menu, please wait a moment for the accessibility menu to load in its entirety.
Once the menu appears on the screen it will allow for the following functionality*
- Increase the size of the cursor.
- Change the contrast levels
- Increase the font size
- Desaturation of the colours on the site
- Highlight links
- Change fonts used on the website to easily legible fonts
- Adjust text spacing and line height
- Change alignment of text
- Displaying Alt text and tooltips
*Not all functionality is available for all browsers. The UserWay Website Accessibility Widget is most compatible with Google Chrome. Some of the functionality will not work or not work as expected on other browsers.
Using the UserWay Website Accessibility Widget
- Navigating through the UserWay Website Accessibility Widget is performed by using the arrow keys or tabs where relevant.
- Options can be enabled and disabled using either the SPACE bar or ENTER key on the keyboard.
- Once activated the button for the option within the UserWay Website Accessibility Widget will change to a darker colour and receive a round badge with a checkmark inside. Certain options also receive lines at the bottom to indicate the level of their functionality. For example; the Bigger Text option will receive a line at the bottom of the icon for every stage of text size increase.
- When any of the options in the UserWay Website Accessibility Widget have been activated, the icon representing the widget will show an additional blue badge with a checkmark.
- There is an option at the bottom of the Accessibility Menu to reset all options to their default.
- There is an option at the bottom of the Accessibility Menu to move or hide the widget.
- The UserWay Website Accessibility Widget can be closed by pressing CTRL+U.
HSTalks continues its efforts to constantly improve the accessibility of
its site and services in the belief that it is our collective moral
obligation to allow seamless, accessible and unhindered use for those of us
Despite our efforts to make all pages and content on HSTalks fully accessible, some content may not have yet been fully adapted to the strictest accessibility standards. This may be a result of not having found or identified the most appropriate technological solution.
If you encounter issues, please contact us using the phone number or email account below or alternatively, use the ‘Report a problem’ option of the UserWay Website Accessibility Widget to submit the problem to us. When using the widget a screenshot of the page you are on will automatically be included in the report.
Here for You
If you are experiencing difficulty with any content on HSTalks or require assistance with any part of our site, please contact us during normal business hours as detailed below and we will be happy to assist.
If you wish to report an accessibility issue, have any question or need assistance, please contact HSTalks Customer Support as follows:
Tel: +44 207 092 3480 ext. 121 (08:30 - 17:30 GMT)